Right to Lodge a Complaint with EOC and to Take Court Action

/ / En

Right to Lodge a Complaint with EOC and to Take Court Action

44) The internal University procedures do not affect the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) or to take civil action in the District Court of Hong Kong or to make a complaint to the police or other investigating agency.

45) Under the Ordinance, the EOC may decide not to take up an investigation into an act of alleged sexual harassment if the complaint is not lodged within 12 months of the alleged incident. If a complainant decides to take court action in respect of a claim of sexual harassment, he/she normally has to commence the legal proceedings within 24 months of the incident.

46) If a complainant wishes to make a claim in court, it is advised that this is done within the prescribed time limit. If the complainant wishes to report the incident to the Police and needs advice and assistance on the procedure, the Panel Convenor may offer help.

Photo Album


The contents of the CUHK website is subject to change without notice. The University accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising from any use or misuse of or reliance on any information in this website.



Personal Information Collection Statement

When you visit this website, we will have record of your Domain Name Server address and the pages you have visited. This information may be used by us for statistical purpose only.

Policy on Personal Data

For the University's policy on personal data, please click here.

Site Map

If you want to visit our site map, please
click here.

/ / En